Quality Inn at General Lee's Headquarters

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Confederate Ghosts Turn on Music!

Saturday, April 25, 2009, 5:30 p.m.

Carrie and I were behind the counter in the lobby chatting and waiting for guests to check in.  I mentioned to Carrie that the Civil War music CD had ceased playing.  I told her that I hadn't heard it for at least the last hour.  She said she had set it to repeat when she arrived earlier in the day, and it had been playing the entire time she was here.

Carrie agreed that it had been off for at least an hour also.  (Although I love Civil War music, it gets to be a bit much when the same CD is playing over and over, day in and day out.)

I tentatively asked Carrie:  "Do you want me to turn it back on?"

Carrie replied:  "No way!"

We both laughed.  Not 10 seconds later, the music came back on.  Carrie asked me if I wanted to turn it back off and I said:  "No, obviously the boys want to hear it."

One song played:  "Bonnie Blue Flag."  As soon as the song ended, the music stopped.  The CD player never came back on again.

The chorus to the song "Bonnie Blue Flag" is:

"Hurrah, Hurrah, For Southern Rights, Hurrah!
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a single star!"

General Lee's Headquarters sits on our property. 

No comments:

Post a Comment