Quality Inn at General Lee's Headquarters

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Phantom Cannon Fire Heard Two Miles Away!

Wednesday, April 1, 2009, 1:00 p.m.

I was telling the owner of the hotel about the "cannon" fire sounds I heard on Monday night.  He asked me if it happened at around 11:00 p.m.  I verified that it had and asked him why.

He told me that he heard several loud booms at that hour at his home.  The owner lives approximately 2 miles from the hotel on Day One battlefield.

Well, that was interesting.  None of the guests seem to hear the booms, but the owner, who lives off site, and I both heard it.

Are the civil war soldier spirits still fighting?  Or, was it just residual?  In two different locations at the same time?

Fascinating.

2 comments:

  1. My husband, son and I stayed at that hotel in 2009. I was awakened one night by an enormous blast. I figured that it must have been thunder, but no rain fell. At breakfast the next morning one young man, a soldier, told me he heard it too. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There were mornings people would come into the lobby and approach me at the front desk and make similar comments. They were hearing cannon fire in the middle of the night, when I was not. On the other hand, there were many nights I would hear cannon fire all night long in the main, lobby building and none of the guests would hear it. It was an awesome place to work and I enjoyed my nine years working nights there.

    ReplyDelete