Quality Inn at General Lee's Headquarters

Monday, January 23, 2012

Civil War Soldier Ghost Appears In the Lobby!

Monday, January 12, 2009, 3:35 a.m.

I was coming back from the breakfast room with another cup of coffee when movement by the front door caught my eye.  I immediately looked over to the door and saw a figure just inside the lobby to the right of the door. 

The figure was solid and only appeared for approximately two to three seconds, but it was startling.  It was a Union soldier. 

The blue of his uniform and gold of his buttons were easily and clearly seen.  However, he appeared to me minus his head and legs, with just his torso and arms.  This is not the first time I have seen one of the civil war soldier spirits, but it is certainly the first time I have seen one in that partial form. 

Needless to say, I did not need any more coffee for the rest of the night to stay awake!

Thinking about the way he showed himself to me makes me think that he was trying to tell me that he was killed by the artillery fire that was aimed at Lieut. James Stewart's Battery B, 4th U.S. Artillery.  Three of those artillery pieces were positioned in the exact location where the west wing of our hotel sits today.  These guns were heavily engaged on the afternoon of the first day of the Battle of Gettysburg and almost captured by the Confederate troops. 

This was the first time this Union soldier appeared to me.  However, it would not be the last time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment