Quality Inn at General Lee's Headquarters

Thursday, January 26, 2012

More Pipe Tobacco and Thumps in the Night

Monday, February 2, 2009

This was relayed to me by my co-worker and fellow night auditor, Courtney:

Midnight to 5:00 a.m. - Courtney reported numerous loud bangs and thumps to the front portion of the lobby/office building.  Each and every time she checked, there was no damage and nothing appeared to have caused the sounds she heard.  Small arms fire and/or artillery fire? 

4:46 p.m. - I was alone behind the desk in the lobby on one of the computers when I heard a loud bang and a thump on the front portion of the lobby/office building.  When I went outside to investigate, there was nothing lying on the front porch or on the ground and no damage to the building. 

Both Courtney and I experienced the same thing at two different times of the same day. 

5:50 p.m. - I stepped out the side, private lobby door for a cigarette (I know, bad Carolyn).  As soon as I stepped out, I was immediately surrounded by that familiar sweet cherry pipe tobacco aroma.  I verbalized:  "Ah, join me for a smoke" and "I love that pipe tobacco." 

I proceeded to walk up and down the side breezeway and the aroma followed me the entire time.  When I finished, I invited "him" to come on in.  I then entered the same private entrance into the lobby, closed the door and stood behind the counter.  I waited for approximately two minutes and then smelled that wonderful pipe tobacco aroma surround me again. 

"No, no!  Pennsylvania law doesn't allow smoking in buildings anymore."  As soon as I spoke those words aloud, the aroma dissipated.

Note:  I was alone in the hotel AND there were no guests staying in the hotel this evening.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment