Quality Inn at General Lee's Headquarters

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Ghost Opens Locked Drawer Before My Eyes

Friday, March 28, 2008, 12:30 a.m.

All hotels have a cash drawer to accommodate guests who wish to pay for their rooms in cash.  The drawers are always locked for obvious security reasons.  In our case, the lock sticks and it usually takes several tries to open the drawer.

I was the last person who used the cash drawer earlier in the evening and was now alone on my shift.  As I was checking in a guest who arrived after midnight, standing less than one foot away from the cash drawer, I heard a loud "pop."  I turned toward the sound and then watched the drawer open.  No key was used.  The guest asked me what that sound was and I informed him what I had just watched happen.  I thought he was going to have a heart attack!

I spoke to the day manager the next morning relaying this occurrence.  We both tried everything we could, including shaking the drawer, to get it to open by itself.  Nothing.  She questioned the other night auditors and staff and was told that this had never happened to any of them.

I'll be watching to see if this occurs again or if this is a new source of entertainment for the solder spirits who hang out at the hotel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment