Quality Inn at General Lee's Headquarters

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Ghosts Shutting Off Outside Lights

Monday, September 22, 2008, 7:43 p.m.

I was inside the inner office chatting with Carrie.  Carrie works on Mondays from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. to assist me during the peak check-in time.  At the time of our chat, I was standing one foot from the closed wall panel which displays the light switches for all the outside hotel lights.

I had previously turned the outside hotel lights on at 7:00 p.m.  As I stood there chatting with Carrie, I heard a loud click and immediately looked at the closed light panel.  I asked Carrie if she heard that click and she said yes.

I opened the panel and saw that the switch for the portico lights, which illuminate the front door of the lobby, had been turned to the "off" position.  It was then that I looked toward the front door and saw that, indeed, the lights in the front of the hotel were off.

I told Carrie that what we apparently heard was the light switch being flipped, shutting off the outside lights.

"Oh, no, they did NOT shut off," was Carrie's immediate response.  I laughed and told her to look for herself.  Carrie kept saying, "I did not hear that; I did not see that."

"It's too late, Carrie.  You already admitted it, and you are a witness."

It never ceases to amaze me how the soldier spirits can flip those switches with the panel door closed.  It have witnessed this countless times and it still astounds me. 

On a side note, the soldier spirits at the hotel do love to tease Carrie.  I believe it is because her reactions to their playful deeds are so priceless.  

Ironically enough, Carrie lives in a house which is also located on the first day's battlefield, not far from the hotel, in an area that saw considerable action.  She sits on her front porch at night and often hears invisible horses galloping down the road in front of her house, along with other phantom sounds. 


No comments:

Post a Comment