Quality Inn at General Lee's Headquarters

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Phantom Artillery Shells? Phantom Small Arms Fire?

Sunday, September 14, 2008, 2:40 a.m.

I was sitting in the inner office reading, when I heard a series of loud bangs which sounded like something heavy was hitting the front of the building.  I immediately went to the front door of the lobby and stepped outside.

There was no one there.  I didn't find anything at all lying on the front porch or on the surrounding ground that might have hit the building.  Everything was peaceful and quiet on the battlefield.

I went back inside to continue my reading.  Approximately three minutes later, I heard two loud bangs which, once again, sounded like the front of the building was being hit with something heavy.

Once again, I went to the front door of the lobby and walked outside.  There was nothing on the porch or the surrounding ground.  Once again, everything was peaceful and quiet on the battlefield. 

Phantom artillery shells?  Or phantom small arms fire?  Interesting.  Considering that all the night staff have had the experience of hearing phantom artillery fire and/or phantom small arms fire in the middle of the night, it is a possibility. 

No comments:

Post a Comment