Quality Inn at General Lee's Headquarters

Friday, September 16, 2011

Watched Items Move By Themselves! More Cold Spots.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008, 1:36 a.m.

At the time of this post, the coffee machine was still located in the breakfast room.  We have since built an addition, and the coffee machine is now located in the breakfast prep room.

I went into the breakfast room to get my fourth cup of coffee.  I keep the coffee urn on top of one of the antique cabinets located there for easy access for my many trips during the night.

On the front of this particular antique cabinet are two doors latched with an ornamental piece of wood.  The wooden latch pieces keep the doors securely closed and in order to open the doors, you have to twist the wood pieces.

As I stood there making my fourth cup of coffee, I watched one of the cabinet doors below and in front of me open fully.  I literally had to step back from the cabinet to get out of the way of the door as it opened.  I checked the latch and it was moved to the unlock position.

On previous occasions, in the middle of the night, I had discovered all the cabinet doors on all the antique cabinets wide open.  However, I have never witnessed them open by themselves right in front of me before.

At 3:36 a.m., I was sitting inside the inner office reading.  I suddenly noticed a significant drop in temperature.  It became so ice cold so quickly that I went to get my fleece jacket to warm up.  It sounds ridiculous, but it was one of those bone chilling cold blasts that seemed to fill the entire office area.

I walked into the lobby to check the thermostat which is located there.  The gauge read 76 degrees and the air temperature there appeared normal.  I ventured back into the inner office and was, once again, hit with ice cold air.  It remained ice cold in this area for about 10 minutes.  Then, just as quickly as it started, the air temperature inside the inner office returned to normal.  It was some time, however, before I could remove my fleece jacket.  I felt chilled to the bone.  The thought that came into my head at that time was that it must have been quite a few of our soldier spirits marching on through!  

No comments:

Post a Comment