Quality Inn at General Lee's Headquarters

Friday, September 23, 2011

Phantom Cigar Smoke

Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 4:30 p.m.

I walked back into the laundry room to get some items out of the big freezer for breakfast the following morning.  As soon as I opened the door to step into the laundry room, I smelled the heavy odor of cigar smoke.  I looked around to see if the back door was open thinking that perhaps it might be a guest outside near the beverage machine who was smoking a cigar.  The door was closed.  I looked outside and there was no one in the vicinity.

I immediately left the laundry room to get some air freshener to spray around the laundry room because I didn't want that strong cigar smoke smell to permeate the clean, fresh sheets located there.  When I returned to the location where I noticed that very strong cigar smoke odor, it was completely gone.  I walked all around the room, but couldn't find a hint of that smell anywhere.

At 6:40 p.m., I went back into the laundry room to retrieve my dinner from the microwave and noticed that the back door was locked.   I asked my co-worker, Courtney, if she had locked that back door and she said no.

Thanks, boys!  You are taking that "keep us safe and keep the doors locked" seriously! 

No comments:

Post a Comment