Quality Inn at General Lee's Headquarters

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Ghostly Footsteps in the Attic!

Saturday, May 17, 2008, 2:38 a.m.

I was sitting quietly in the inner office reading my book.  Suddenly, my heart rate sped up and I "felt" that something was going to happen.  Then, loud noises started, simultaneously, from the lobby and the back laundry room.  The inner office is sandwiched between the lobby and the laundry room.

Just as soon as I stood up to check both areas, I heard footsteps above my head coming from the attic.  I froze and listened, watching the ceiling as I followed the footsteps as they crossed the room above me.  As quickly as everything started, it stopped.

I checked the lobby and the laundry room.  Nothing seemed disturbed or out of place.  I was surprised, considering the loud noises coming from both locations.  I expected to see something moved.  But, there was not one item that I could see that was moved from its original location.

The consensus amongst the staff is that there has never been so much activity as in recent weeks.  Could it be that the 145th anniversary of the battle is approaching?  On the 140th anniversary, all kinds of sightings and strange events occurred at the hotel.  I hope I'm working one of those three nights (July 1, 2 and 3).  It should prove interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment