Quality Inn at General Lee's Headquarters

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Ectoplasm Witnessed by Guest

Wednesday, July 2, 2008, 8:00 a.m.

One of the front desk clerks was checking out a guest when he asked:  "Is there something you neglected to tell me about the suite I stayed in last night?"

The front desk clerk, who knew nothing about what goes on in that particular suite, but was afraid to acknowledge this, responded:  "Why, what happened?"

Guest:  "There was an apparition that appeared in the living room of the suite last night."

Front desk clerk:  "What did it look like?"

Guest:  "A big white cloud."

This incident with the guest occurred on the evening of July 1st.  My incident (see previous blog post) also occurred on July 1st.  July 1st was the first day of the Battle of Gettysburg.  A great part of the fighting that took place on July 1, 1863, occurred on and around the ground where the hotel sits.

On a side note, the suite where the guest was staying has a Confederate soldier spirit who has been seen walking up and down the stairs in the suite.  The guests report to us that they wake up hearing someone coming up the stairs with a heavy foot.  When they go to investigate, there is no one there.

This same Confederate soldier was seen on the staircase by my friends, who often stay in that suite.  I missed him, literally, by a minute because I was on my way over to visit them.  Wouldn't you know it?

I'm working tomorrow, Friday, July 4th.  There will be fireworks very close to the hotel.  There is usually activity after the fireworks (they sound very much like cannon fire).  I'll report if there is any activity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment