Quality Inn at General Lee's Headquarters

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Ghosts Playing Tricks Again!

Monday, September 8, 2008, 6:40 p.m.

My co-worker, Carrie, was heating up our dinner in the microwave which is located in the laundry room.  I stepped back into the room to say something to her and looked to my left to check on the back door.  I noticed that the door was locked.  I asked Carrie if she had locked it and she said:  "Oh no, I did NOT lock that door!"

I laughed and said:  "Well, our soldier spirits are certainly doing what I requested . . . locking the door and keeping us safe!"

At 8:30 p.m., I was sitting inside the inner office attending to some paperwork.  Carrie had left for the day and I was all alone.  I heard the front, lobby door open.  I walked three steps to the front counter in the lobby.  No one was in the lobby.  I walked all through the front of the building and into the breakfast room.  Not a living soul.  Here we go!

At 8:36 p.m., I was back inside the inner office and, once again, heard the front, lobby door open.  I, again, walked three steps to the front counter.  No one was in the lobby.  Once again, I walked all through the front of the building and into the breakfast room.  Once again, there was not a living soul there.  Okay, that's enough.  I don't want to be jumping up and down all night, please!

There were no more incidents that night involving the front, lobby door opening of its own accord. 

Note:  The front, lobby door is a very heavy door with a spring latch located at the top of the door.  I often watch as guests struggle to open the door. 

No comments:

Post a Comment