Quality Inn at General Lee's Headquarters

Sunday, September 11, 2011

More Phantom Gunshots!

Monday, June 2, 2008, 9:30 p.m.

The hotel is located out on Day One battlefield.  A brew pub restaurant, along with General Lee's Headquarters is also part of the property.  The area is wide open and surrounded by battlefield.  There is a major route (Rt. 30) which runs along the south side of the hotel.    

I stepped outside the side, private door of the lobby into the breezeway.  The breezeway is a long, covered walkway between the lobby and one of the wings of the hotel.  As I was walking along checking the area, I heard a loud, single gunshot which echoed through the breezeway. 

I checked the entire surrounding area, including the parking lot.  There was not a single person outside or in the parking lot.  No cars or trucks were passing on Rt. 30 at the time.  I was happy I heard this single gunshot outside this time instead of inside the breakfast room where I usually hear it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment